The online visa for Azerbaijan is now available for citizens of 15 more countries. Following a decree by the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan, the Tourist e-Visa System for Azerbaijan was introduced in the year 2013. Azerbaijan’s online visa grants entry to eligible foreign travellers and a stay of up 30 days. The electronic visa for Azerbaijan is a single entry visa that should be used within a 90-day period.
The list of countries that can obtain the e-Visa for Azerbaijan by completing an online form now includes the following:
- Saudia Arabia
- South Korea
- United Arab Emirates
Obtaining an online visa for Azerbaijan
Since the online visa system for Azerbaijan was launched, about 420,000 foreigners have obtained an electronic visa. Since January 2017, visas are issued within a 3-hour period. The electronic visa system was developed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the State Agency for Public Service and Social Innovations.
This electronic visa system was created with the purpose of promoting Azerbaijan as a tourism destination. Obtaining the Azerbaijan online visa is a simple process. The applicant should be a citizen of an eligible country and have a valid passport. Other requirements include an email address and credit or debit card to pay for the e-Visa fee.
Once an e-Visa for Azerbaijan has been approved, the online visa holder should print at least one copy to take with them on their trip. Upon arrival in Azerbaijan, travellers will be required to present their e-Visa. When the validity period has expired, the e-Visa becomes invalid and can no longer be used to enter the country.
Why Visit Azerbaijan
Azerbaijan has been referred as “the land of fire”. It has a fascinating history, architecture and nature as well as plenty of things to do to offer its visitors. The country features mountains, historical sites, tasty food and beautiful sights. Set between Europe and Asia, the country blends the past with the present creating a unique atmosphere.
Top things to see in Azerbaijan include:
- Baku, the capital, boasts stunning 21st-century architecture, while it is also a Unesco-listend Old City. The capital is growing rapidly and visitors will be able to discover the old Baku and the new one.
- Şəki is a charming down, dappled with tiled-roof old houses and located in the northern part of the country. It is set south of the Greater Caucasus mountain range, 325 km from Baku.
- Gobustan National Park is situated southwest on the centre of Baku and was established in 1966 and declared a national historical landmark. This area is extremely rich in archaeological monuments and has more than 600,000 rock paintings, that depict primitive men, ritual dances, boats, and more.
- Yarat Contemporary Art Centre, set in Baku, is a must when visiting the vibrant capital. The Centre is committed to promoting and nurturing contemporary art.
- Maiden’s Tower, located in the city of Baku, is a 12th-century world heritage site clouded in mystery and legend. The museum will tell visitors the story and evolution of Azerbaijan’s capital.
The electronic visa for Azerbaijan was created with the intention of promoting tourism and attracting more visitors. The country is growing rapidly and though it is not a popular holiday destination, its natural reserves, charming towns, and warm locals will conquer visitor’s hearts. To apply for the Azerbaijan online visa, the applicant must simply have a valid passport of at least six months from one of the eligible countries.